WYNWOODNovember 27, 2015
TRENDS OF SUMMER 16June 17, 2016
I would have to say this past year, I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. From learning how to deal with all kinds of people, to coping with the backlash of surviving a horrible accident, this year has taught me to better myself in endless ways. I would like to share the top 5 lessons I have learned in hope of spreading a boost of positivity to everyone’s day and or lives.
- It doesn't matter what others think – I know that this is a phrase we hear on the daily, but it is truly important to make sure you do not change your life style based on what others think. Without realizing it, many of us do things thinking others care what we do. Some examples include: taking that artsy picture for insta, going shopping at expensvive stores, and listening to music just because it is popular. Now here’s the thing: nobody cares. If you constantly do things to impress others so they have a high opinion of you, you’re neglecting what is important to YOU. Once you finally branch out and do things for yourself, you will immediately feel more lively and at peace with yourself. This photo below is an example of how negativity is spread throughout this world (because likes DO NOT matter)!!
- Talk about how you feel – Nothing is worse than bundling up all of your feelings and eventually exploding all at once. Sometimes you don’t want to express how you feel, whether it is to a friend, family member, or partner, and that is okay. It is essential to learn to talk out how you feel and find someone to confide in when you have problems. I learned this by realizing when I finally decided to talk about how I feel – when I am upset, when I am frustrated, and most importantly how to express gratitude to others.
- If you don’t ask the answer is always no – this lesson is pretty self-explanatory. Do not be nervous to ask for help, advice, or guidance. If you don't ask the answer will be no :)
- Friends over boys always – who will be there for you when any boy is mean to you, hurts your feelings, plays you? Your friends. Throughout the past year I have seen multiple girls act different towards their friends because of a boy. It is just not worth it. I promise you no boy is worth betraying any friend, because at the end of the day it is your friends who have your back over any boy you just met.
- Do not take life for granted – last but not least another cliché but extremely true saying. Very recently I got into a horrific car accident. Three friends and I were hit by an 18-wheeler, and flipped three times. Thankfully, we all survived and are on our way to recovery. This really changed my view on life drastically. You never know the last time you will hug someone, talk to someone, or see someone. Make sure you make every moment count. This last lesson ties everything together. Your life is YOUR life. Make sure you do what makes YOU happy by: A. not letting what others think hinder you. B. express your love and gratitude towards people, because you never know when it could be your last chance to do so. C. Ask!! Always ask or the answer is no. D. Put your friends over a boy who is not nearly as important as friends. E. Life is precious, and is not meant to be taken for granted.